Kentucky COVID-19 License Renewal Updates & FAQs
Kentucky plumbing professionals, your license renewal deadlines have been extended due to COVID-19. With Kentucky still in a state of emergency as of this writing, the governor’s executive order may apply to you.
Here’s what you need to know:
- If your license expires during the state of emergency, you do not need to submit proof of completion until 60 days after the state of emergency ends.
- You do not have to complete any parts of the renewal process that are only possible in a physical classroom during the state of emergency or 60 days after it’s lifted.
- Click here to view license renewal course packages that are 100% online and available from any device with an internet connection.
- Once the state of emergency is lifted, you must complete the renewal process within 120 days.
NOTE: There is no penalty for finishing your renewal process during the state of emergency or before the mentioned deadlines. If you would like to complete your license renewal process from the comfort of home and on your own schedule, click here.
This emergency order changes the deadlines for license renewal, but the general guidelines have not changed. Here are some answers to FAQs about renewing your license:
Do I have to complete continuing education to renew my Kentucky plumbing license?
Yes, you must complete 6-hours of continuing education.
When is my Kentucky plumber continuing education due?
Kentucky plumbers must renew their licenses every year by the last day of their birth month.
See temporary COVID-19 update above.
How do I renew my Kentucky plumbing license?
- Complete 6-hours of continuing education
- Complete the renewal notice that you will receive 30 days before expiration
- Provide proof of continuing education completion (we provide a printable certificate immediately upon course completion)
What is the renewal fee for my Kentucky plumbing license?
Journeymen - $60
Master - $250
Who submits my Kentucky plumbing license plumbing course completion?
We will submit the course completion to the state; but the licensee still needs to show proof of continuing education completion. (We provide a printable certificate immediately upon course completion).
Who do I contact at the state level with questions about my Kentucky plumbing license?
Department Housing Building & Construction
101 Sea Hero Rd. Suite 100
Frankfort, KY 40601