Who needs to be licensed for plumbing in Washington?
You must have a valid plumber certificate to work in the plumbing construction trade in Washington State.
What are the types of plumbing licenses available in Washington?
Master & Journeyman
How do I get a plumbing license in Washington?
- Meet state requirements.
- Journeyman: 8,000 hours work experience, which includes 4,000 hours commercial or industrial work.
- Residential: 6,000 hours of work experience.
- Complete a Journeyman & Residential Plumber Application
- Pay the $151.90 exam fee
- Pass the exam!
What code is the Nevada plumbing test based on?
2015 Uniform Plumbing Code
State Amendments: http://app.leg.wa.gov/WAC/default.aspx?cite=51-56&full=true
What are the examination fees for a plumbing license in Washington?
What does your Washington plumber exam prep cover?
- General Regulations
- Plumbing Math
- Fixtures, Faucets, and Fixture Fittings
- Water Heaters
- Water Supply and Distribution
- Sanitary Drainage
- Indirect and Special Waste
- Traps, Interceptors, and Separators
- Storm Drainage
- Hands-On Practical Application
What can I expect from the Journeyman & Residential Washington plumbing exams?
- 100 Uniform Plumbing Code questions with State Amendments taken from Chapters 1-10 and 15-17.
- Waste and vent pipe size drawing based on sizing and design methods from chapter 7.
- Water pipe sizing drawing based on sizing and design methods from chapter 6.
Provided are the Drainage Fixture Unit Values (Table 702.1); Water Supply Fixtures Units (Table 610.3); Fixture Unit (Table 610.4); and Flushometer Fixture Units (Table 610.10)
Is the Washington plumber exam open book?
What should I bring to the Washington plumber exams?
Upon approval for testing, an exam notice and directions will be mailed to you approximately 30 days prior to
the requested exam date.
Where can I take the Washington plumbing exams?
Tumwater, Everett, Yakima, Spokane, Tukwila
How do I know if I passed the Washington plumber exam?
The department shall certify the results of the examinations provided by this chapter, and shall notify the applicant in writing whether he or she has passed or failed.
Are there accommodations for individuals with special needs during the plumbing licensing exam?
The Board of Plumbers complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. To ensure equal opportunity for all qualified persons, the Board will make reasonable accommodations for candidates
having disabilities that might affect their taking the licensing examination.
Does Washington offer reciprocity for plumbing licenses?
Washington currently reciprocates journey level certificates from Idaho. To find out if you qualify for a reciprocal certificate, contact us at 360-902-5207.
Who issues Washington plumbing licenses?
Department of Labor & Industries
Plumber Certification Section
PO Box 44470
Olympia WA 98504-4470
WA plumbers Rules: https://app.leg.wa.gov/WAC/default.aspx?cite=296-400A
WA plumbers Laws: https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=18.106
License Application Links: