How often do I have to renew my plumbing license in Florida?
- Registered plumbing contractors renew their licenses by August 31 of odd-numbered years.
- Certified plumbing contractors renew their licenses by August 31 of even-numbered years.
The cost to renew is $209, plus $50 per qualified business.
How do I renew my Certified Contractor Plumbers License?
To renew your license, you will need to create an account with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation website and complete the renewal process. Click here for the steps to create your account.
Biennial License Renewal Fee
Certified Contractor = $209 *
Registered Contractor = $209 *
* Includes $5 Unlicensed Activity fee and a fee of $4 which must be transferred to the Department of Community Affairs to fund projects relating to the building construction industry or continuing education programs offered to persons engaged in the building construction industry in Florida.
How many hours of Continuing Education do I need?
- Registered Plumbing Contractors must renew by August 31st every odd-numbered year.
- Certified Plumbing Contractors must renew by August 31st of even-numbered years.
- The Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board requires contractors obtain 14 hours of continuing education every 2 years.
- Of the 14 total hours, 1 hour of each of the following topics must be completed:
- Workplace Safety
- Workers' Compensation
- Business Practices
- Advanced Building Code
- Laws and Rules
- Wind Mitigation
- The remaining 8 hours are considered 'General' and can cover any of our approved topics.
- If your license was issued more than 1 year, but less than 2 years, prior to August 31st of the renewal year, you must complete 7 hours of general credits for the current renewal cycle.
- If your license was issued less than 12 months prior to August 31st of the renewal years, you do not have to complete any continuing education for this cycle.
Who do I contact regarding a plumbing license in Florida?
Division of Professions
Construction Industry Licensing Board
1940 North Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0783
Other Licensing Resources
- Florida Construction Lien Law
- National Association of State Contractors Licensing Agencies
- Construction Licensing Officials Association of Florida
- Tips for Florida homeowners who plan to build or remodel a home
- http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/servop/testing/documents/const_p_cib.pdf (about)
- http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/servop/testing/documents/plum_eci.pdf (bulletin)