How do I become a journeyman plumber in Michigan?
- Have at least 6,000 hours of experience gained over no less than 3 years as a registered apprentice in the practical installation of plumbing.
- Complete a $100 Application for Journey Plumber Examination – More information found here.Once your application is approved a third party testing agency (PSI) will contact you with instructions to schedule your exam. Exam fees must be paid to PSI when scheduling the exam.
- Pass the $100 exam
- Pay the $40 Journeyman plumber license fee
What can I expect from the Michigan journeyman plumber exam?
The exam is 125 questions and you must pass with a 70% or higher. You will have 180 minutes to complete the exam.
Is the Michigan journeyman plumber exam open book?
Yes, you are allowed to bring The Michigan Plumbing Code Book into your exam.
What should I bring to the Michigan journeyman plumber exam?
- You must bring the admission card mailed to you 7 days before your examination date.
- Two sharpened #2 pencils
- Silent non-printing calculators and scale conversion rulers
- 24-inch square masonite lapboard to use a work surface
- Michigan Plumbing Code Book
Where can I take the Michigan journeyman plumber exam?
- Grand Rapids
- Lansing (Holt)