Who needs to be licensed for plumbing in Michigan?
Individuals must be licensed to perform any type of plumbing work without a licensed supervisor.
What are the types of plumbing licenses available in Michigan?
- Plumbing Contractor
How do I become a journeyman plumber in Michigan?
- Meet State Requirements
- Have at least 6,000 hours of experience gained over no less than 3 years as a registered apprentice in the practical installation of plumbing.
- Complete an Application for Journey Plumber Examination & pay the $100 examination fee
- Pass the Journeyman Plumber Exam - Study online!
- Pay the $40 Journeyman plumber license fee
What can I expect from the Michigan journeyman plumber exam?
Is the Michigan journeyman plumber exam open book?
Yes, you are allowed to bring The Michigan Plumbing Code Book into your exam.
What should I bring to the Michigan journeyman plumber exam?
- You must bring the admission card mailed to you 7 days before your examination date.
- Two sharpened #2 pencils
- Silent non-printing calculators and scale conversion rulers
- 24-inch square masonite lapboard to use a work surface
- Michigan Plumbing Code Book
Where can I take the Michigan journeyman plumber exam?
- Grand Rapids
- Lansing (Holt)