Who needs to be licensed as a plumber in New Hampshire?
Anyone planning to do plumbing work unsupervised by a licensed plumber.
What are the types of licenses available in New Hampshire?
How do I get a master plumber license in New Hampshire?
- Meet state requirements
- You must be at least 18 years old to get a New Hampshire plumber’s license and you must be at least 16 years old to get an apprentice registration license or trainee registration license.
- You must have a current NH Journeyman Plumbing License that is not less than six (6) months old OR proof of an out of state Master Plumbing License or other authorization to practice as a Master Plumber for not less than six (6) months.
- Pass the Master Plumber Exams - Start with Online Exam Prep!
- Complete an Application
- Provide the following:
- A check to the "State of NH - Treasury" for $85
- A Color Photograph 2" x 2" - no hat & no sunglasses
- Exam Results
- Proof of ID
- Copy of NH Journeyman Plumbers License (Held for 6 Months or More) OR
- Out of State Plumbers License License OR
- A letter signed by military supervisor stating that the applicants work in the military was equal to that of a journeyman plumber
- Copy of applicant apprenticeship completion certificate.
What code is the New Hampshire plumbing test based on?
International Plumbing Code, 2009 Edition
Are New Hampshire plumbers tested on Law, Rules, and Regulations?
What are the examination fees for the New Hampshire journeyman and master plumbers’ license?
- Journeyman & Master Plumbers - $125
- Gas Fitting, Equipment Installer Gasfitting, and Service Technicians Gasfitting Exams - $100.00
What can I expect with the New Hampshire master plumbing exam?
100 multiple-choice & true/false questions 3-hour time limit You must score 75% to pass A $125 Exam Fee
- 15% Scope & Administration
- 10% Plumbing Fundamentals
- 10% Fixture & Appurtenances
- 10% Water Distribution
- 15% Drainage Requirements
- 15% Venting Requirements
- 10% Traps, Cleanouts, & Interceptors
- 15% Mathematical Calculations
What does your New Hampshire plumbing exam prep cover?
Part BCR 304 Amendments to the IPC 2009
- Administrative Rules PLU 100-500
International Plumbing Code
- IPC Chapter 1 - Administration, Scope and Intent/Purpose
- IPC Chapter 2 - Definitions and Symbols
- Plumbing Math
- IPC Chapter 3 - General Regulations
- IPC Chapter 4 - Fixtures, Faucets, and Fixture Fittings
- IPC Chapter 5 - Water Heaters
- IPC Chapter 6 - Water Supply and Distribution
- IPC Chapter 7 - Sanitary Drainage
- IPC Chapter 8 - Indirect and Special Waste
- IPC Chapter 9 - Vents
- IPC Chapter 10 - Traps, Interceptors, and Separators
- IPC Chapter 11 - Storm Drainage
- IPC Chapter 13 - Nonpotable Water Systems
- IPC Chapter 14 - Subsurface Landscape Irrigation Systems
- Appendix E
- Private Sewage Systems
- International Fuel Gas Code
- Hands-On Practical Application
- Practice Test
- Master Plumber Isometrics
- Reading and Understanding the Bulletin
- Books That You Should Have During the Exam
- Effective Study Techniques
What are the fees associated with the New Hampshire master plumber exam?
What should I bring to the New Hampshire Plumber license exam?
You must take the following items to the exam:
- A government-issued photo Identification
- A copy of the certification of completion for your apprenticeship program (for Journeyman exam)
- Proof of a current valid license not less than six (6) months old
- A letter of reference from the sponsoring Master Plumber
- A calculator that is not part of a phoneDO NOT bring your 2009 IPC Code Book. You will be given a book and 2 pieces of paper along with a binder with all the reference codes before the examination.
Where can I take the Journeyman and Master plumbers license exam?
Colby Sawyer College Susan Colgate Library 541 Main Street, Torreyson West, Room 315 New London, NH 03257
Dover Regional Career Technical Center Dover High School - Testing 25 Alumni Drive Dover, NH 03820
John Mason Institute Testing Services 20 Trafalgar Square, Suite #620 Nashua, NH 03063
Keene State College Testing Services 229 Main Street Keene, NH 03431
Lakes Region Community College 379 Belmont Road Laconia, NH 03246
North Country Education Services 300 Gorham Hill Road Gorham, NH 03581
Manchester Community College Academic Success Center 1066 Front Street Manchester, NH 03102
Are there accommodations for individuals with special needs during the plumbing licensing exam?
Yes. Pearson VUE certifies that it shall comply with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need special arrangements for testing, please call 1-800-466-0450 to request special testing services. This telephone number is available for reservations Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST. All examination sites have access for candidates with disabilities.
How often do I have to renew my New Hampshire plumbing license?
Do I have to take continuing education to renew my New Hampshire Journeyman or Master Plumbers license?
All licensees (except apprentice and trainee registration licenses) will need to show proof of three (3) hours of code update every year, totaling six (6) hours per 2-year licensing cycle.
What are there fees associated with renewing my New Hampshire plumbing license?
- Fuel Gas - $180
- Master Plumber - $300
- Journeyman Plumber - $180
- Plumbing Apprentice - $80
Who do I contact regarding a plumbing license in New Hampshire?
Bureau of Building Safety & Construction Gas Fitter & Plumber Licensing 33 Hazen Drive Concord, NH 03305 email@example.com 603-223-4289