- 8 Hour Utah Plumber Core
- 2 Hour Pricing Plumbing for Profit
- 1 Hour Plan Reading
- 1 Hour Silica Safety
Utah Plumber 8HR CORE CE
This training program has been designed to provide plumbers with 8 hours of required continuing education. The course includes seven hours of 2015 IPC code review and one hour of ADA Plumbing Elements and Facilities, which satisfies the eight hour Core requirement.
1. IPC Chapter 3 – General Regulations (25 minutes)
2. IPC Chapter 4 – Fixtures, Faucets, and Fixture Fittings (35 minutes)
- Code overview
- Practice problems
3. IPC Chapter 5 – Water Heaters (10 minutes)
4. IPC Chapter 6 – Water Supply and Distribution (50 minutes)
- Water Distribution
- Potable Water Supply
- Backflow Prevention
5. IPC Chapter 7 – Sanitary Drainage (30 minutes)
- Fixture Units
6. IPC Chapter 8 – Indirect and Special Waste (10 minutes)
7. IPC Chapter 9 – Vents (80 minutes)
- Vent Extensions, Connections and Grades
- Pipe Sizing, Developed Length
- Stack Offsets, Branches
- Fixture Vents
- Wet Vents
- Stack Vents
- Circuit Vents
- Admittance Valves
8. IPC Chapter 10 – Traps, Interceptors and Separators (20 minutes)
9. IPC Chapter 11 – Storm Drainage (25 minutes)
- Area, Volume and Drainage Practice Problems
- Sizing Methods
- Secondary Drains
10. IPC Chapter 13 – Nonpotable Water Systems (25 minutes)
- Reclaimed vs. Potable
11. IPC Chapter 14 – Subsurface Landscape Irrigation Systems (20 minutes)
- System Design and Sizing
12. Appendix E (30 minutes)
- Sizing of Water Piping Systems
- Friction Charts and Lengths
13. ADA: Plumbing Elements and Facilities (60 minutes)
Pricing Plumbing for Profit
Stop flushing money! This video course is designed to help anyone who is either thinking of starting up their own plumbing business, or who wants to be confident that they will operate at a profit. In this step-by-step tutorial, you will learn how to accurately account for all your costs, and then apply those costs to an estimate. Running a successful plumbing business requires careful attention to detail by accounting for all costs associated with the business, and charging the customer enough to make a profit. Downloadable worksheets that you can customize to your own business are included!
Cost Workbook – 55 minutes
- Employee Costs
- Office Costs
- Vehicle Costs
- Marketing Costs
- Clothing/Misc. Expenses
- Training Costs
- Hours worked per year
- Break even rate
- Profit margins
Estimating Worksheet – 45 minutes
PL 1HR Plan Reading CE
The ability to interpret plumbing blueprints and successfully install the required plumbing systems is an essential skill. Prints provide the details you need regarding types and sizes of sinks to the location of gas lines, drains and vents. This video course outlines the general layout of both residential and commercial plans, identifying and detailing schedules, legends, symbols and engineering instructions.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the various symbols included in any residential or commercial blueprint.
- Gain a broad understanding of the methodology behind successful plan reading.
- Detail and implement the use of blueprints when bidding and completing a plumbing project.
Lesson 1 Details of Engineered Prints – 17 minutes: This lesson is an introduction to plan reading basics, and how to interpret the general information found on the main page of the print.
- Commercial plan
Lesson 2 Details of Engineered Prints (cont.) – 25 minutes: This lesson looks at the plumbing pages of the print, information that is specific to the work required of the plumber.
- Plumbing floor plan
- Symbols and abbreviations
- Mechanical plan
Lesson 3 Details of Engineered Prints (cont.) – 25 minutes: This lesson outlines using blueprints for a residential home.
- Residential plan
Plumbers are exposed to respirable crystalline silica in over 600,000 workplaces each year. OSHA estimates that more than 840,000 of these workers are exposed to silica levels exceeding the Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL). This one-hour course reviews OSHA regulations and the safety codes surrounding silica safety.
- Introduction to Silica
- PEL Limits
- Employer Responsibilities
- Respiratory Protection
- Respiratory Protection
- Exposure Control Methods
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 8am and 6pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.
Student policies and procedures are always available by going to our website and scrolling to the bottom of the page (See Attendance, Privacy and Refund Policy).