How To Become a Georgia Master Plumber
Who needs to be licensed for plumbing in Georgia?
Individuals must be licensed to perform any type of plumbing work without a licensed supervisor.
What are the types of plumbing licenses available in Georgia?
- Class 1 (Restricted Master)
- Class 2 (Unrestricted Master).
How do I get a master plumbing license in Georgia?
- Meet state requirements
- You must have a minimum of 5 years qualifying experience with at least 2 years as a journeyman plumber, plumbing contractor, plumbing foreman, plumbing superintendent, or military plumber.
- If you are applying for a Class 2 license you must have experience with commercial or industrial plumbing
- Provide 3 notarized original reference forms from licensed plumbers who can attest to your plumbing experience
- Submit a completed application and non-refundable $30 fee with documentation of the required experience and other qualifications and reference information.
- Wait for the Board approval letter.
- Submit a completed examination scheduling form with the $223 fee
- Pass the Master Plumber Exam - Get started with online exam prep!
- NOTE: If you fail the plumbing licensing exam twice, you will have to complete a review course before taking the third examination. The review course must be conducted by a college, post-secondary technical school, or military service or by a private agency that meets the requirements.
What are the examination fees for the Master Plumber Class I and II?
- Master Plumber Class I -- $267.00
- Master Plumber Class II -- $267.00
The fees are subject to change so always make sure you have the most up-to-date plumbing application from PSI.
What can I expect from Georgia’s master plumber exam?
Master Class I Restricted Plumber Exam
Trade exam has 80 questions and the Administrative/Business/Design exam has 40 questions. You will have a total of seven (7) hours to complete the Master Class I examination. The examination will be administered in two parts. You will have three and a half (3.5) hours to complete part 1, followed by a break. You will then have three and a half (3.5) hours to complete part 2.
Master Class II Unrestricted Plumber Exam
Trade exam has 100 questions on the exam questions and the Administrative/Business/Design exam has 40 questions. The examination will be administered in two parts. You will have three and a half (3.5) hours to complete part 1, followed by a break. You will then have three and a half (3.5) hours to complete part 2.
You must get a 70% on all exams to pass.
- Comply with General Laws
- Comply with Regulations
- Work Planning/Organizing
- Perform Pipe Cutting and Joining Activities
- Perform Plumbing Systems Installation Activities
- Perform System Testing Activities
- Perform Maintenance and Repair Activities
- Safety-related Issues.
- Calculate the following during installation and service:
- offset, volume, area, pressure, depth, circumference, radius, weight, etc.
Is Georgia’s plumber exam open book?
What should I bring to the Georgia’s plumber exams?
You must bring two forms of identification:
- One must be a valid form of government-issued identification (driver’s license, state ID, passport) which bears your signature and has your photograph.
- The second ID must have your signature and preprinted legal name.
When can I take Georgia’s plumber exam?
August 5-17, December 2-14
Where can I take the Georgia’s plumber exam?
Atlanta (Decatur), Georgia (AMP)
2891 N. Decatur Rd
Suite D, E and F
Decatur, GA 30033 US
Atlanta (Duluth), Georgia (AMP)
3505 Koger Blvd
Duluth, GA 30096 US
Atlanta (Marietta), Georgia (AMP)
2100 Roswell Road NE, Suite 2128
Pavillions at East Lake
Marietta, GA 30062 US
Macon, Georgia (AMP)
6394 Zebulon Road
Macon, GA 31220 US
Savannah, Georgia (AMP)
6001 Chatham Center Drive
Chatham Center, Orlean Building #155
Savannah, GA 31405 US
LOOKING FOR GEORGIA SPECIFIC EXAM PREP?
Our Online HD Video Programs Provide Everything You Need to Get Licensed - 24/7