Idaho Plumbing Licensing Frequently Asked Questions
Navigating the ins and outs of licensing can be difficult. Here are some frequently asked questions about Idaho plumber licensing to get you the answers you need and on the road to a great career!
Do I have to complete continuing education to renew my Idaho plumbing license?
- Journeyman must complete 8 hours of continuing education including 4 hours of code every three years.
- Plumbing Contractors must complete 16 hours of continuing education including 4 hours of code every three years.
When is my Idaho plumber continuing education due?
Continuing education must be completed every three years by the anniversary of initial licensure.
How do I renew my Idaho plumbing license?
- Take the required continuing education
- Wait for your course to be submitted to CE Broker (we submit every 10 days, if you need your CE submitted sooner call our office 800-727-7104. We will submit your courses the next business day if requested)
- Call 800-955-3044 to renew.
What is the renewal fee for my Idaho plumbing license?
- $21.60 if paid by expiration date
- $29.40 if paid after the expiration date, but before the license has been expired for two years
- Those holding a valid journeyman license may take the CEU exam administered by the Division of Building Safety. A fee of fifty ($50) dollars must be paid before taking the exam.
DBS Plumbing CEU Exam - $50 Fee. Call 1-208-332-8973
- $108.00 if paid by expiration date
- $147.00 if paid after the expiration date, but before the license has been expired for two years
- $36.00 for an inactive renewal/revival. Must be paid before the license has been expired for two years
Who submits my Idaho plumbing license plumbing courses once they are complete?
We will submit the completion to the CE Broker every 10 days unless a licensee makes a request.
What happens if I renew my Idaho plumbing license late?
You must renew/revive your license within (2) two years of the expiration date or you will be required to complete a new application and re-test before receiving a new license. The fee and the additional requirements must be received before your license will be renewed/revived.
Who do I contact at the state level with questions about my Idaho plumbing license?
STATE OF IDAHO DIVISION OF BUILDING SAFETY
1090 East Watertower Street, Suite 150
Meridian, Idaho 83642
Applications for initial license: https://dbs.idaho.gov/forms/plumbing/
ATTENTION FLORIDA REGISTERED PLUMBERS
Are you ready for 8/31/19 continuing education deadline?
Complete 14-hours of state-approved continuing education from the comfort of home!