HD Video Courses • Mobile Friendly • Available 24/7
Alabama Plumber License General FAQ
Individuals must be licensed to perform any type of plumbing work inside the State.
- Master Plumber - Every firm or corporation must employ at least one duly registered and certified master plumber. The master plumber must have their current annual certificate issued by the board.
- Journeyman Plumber - The Journeyman Plumber performs the installation, repair, and replacement of plumbing systems. They must pass a board examination and hold a valid certificate issued by the board.
- Meet the Prelicense Requirements
- Journeyman Exam - 2 years of CURRENT work experience
- Pass the Exam - Study from the comfort of home!
- Obtain Your Certification
Once you pass the exam, you have ninety (90) calendar days to obtain your certification from the date you pass your examination. If you do not obtain your certification within ninety (90) calendar days from the date you pass your examination, you will have to re-test.
Plumbing Trades Exam for Journeyman & Master Plumbers
- Administration, Scope and Intent/Purpose
- Definitions and Symbols
- Plumbing Math
- General Regulations
- Fixtures, Faucets, and Fixture Fittings
- Water Heaters
- Water Supply and Distribution
- Sanitary Drainage
- Indirect and Special Waste
- Traps, Interceptors and Separators
- Storm Drainage
- Nonpotable Water Systems
- Subsurface Landscape Irrigation Systems
- Appendix E
- Private Sewage Systems
- International Fuel Gas Code
- Hands-On Practical Application
- Practice Tests
Rules & Laws for Master Plumbers
- Alabama Code Title 34 Chapter 37
- 720 Rules
- Reading and Understanding the PSI Bulletin
- Books That You Should Have During the Exam
- Effective Study Techniques