HD Video Courses • Mobile Friendly • Available 24/7
Florida Plumber License General FAQ
- Certified Plumbing Contractor - Certified at the state level to conduct business statewide.
- Registered Plumbing Contractor- Issued by localities, contractors must comply with their procedures to become registered to conduct business in that location.
Note: Registered contractors are only eligible to conduct business the in the areas where they are registered.
- Obtain a passing score on all parts of the Florida State Construction examination.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Meet the educational/experience requirements.
- Be of good moral character.
- Pay all applicable fees.
- Obtain worker’s compensation coverage.
- Demonstrate financial responsibility.
INTERNATIONAL PLUMBING CODE
- Administration, Scope and Intent/Purpose
- Definitions and Symbols
- Plumbing Math
- General Regulations
- Fixtures, Faucets, and Fixture Fittings
- Water Heaters
- Water Supply and Distribution
- Sanitary Drainage
- Indirect and Special Waste
- Traps, Interceptors and Separators
- Storm Drainage
- Nonpotable Water Systems
- Subsurface Landscape Irrigation Systems
- Appendix E
- Private Sewage Systems
- International Fuel Gas Code
- Hands-On Practical Application
- Practice Tests
- OSHA Safety
- Books That You Should Have During the Exam
- Effective Study Techniques
Division of Professions
Construction Industry Licensing Board
1940 North Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0783