HD Video Courses • Mobile Friendly • Available 24/7
Tennessee Plumber License General FAQ
Licensing differs by the municipality. Limited License Plumber is the statewide license. However, many local jurisdictions require separate licensing using the International Code Council Exam. Check with your local jurisdiction to determine your licensing needs.
- Limited Licensed Plumber(LLP) - Required to perform work on a project where the cost is less than $25,000.
- CMC-A – Required to perform work on a project where the cost is more than $25,000.
- Meet state requirements
- You must have one year of plumbing experience
- Pass the LLP Plumbing exam – Use this online video prep to help you pass!
- Complete a Limited Licensed Plumber Application
- Pay the $75 application fee
Check with your local municipality.
- IPC Chapter 1 - Administration, Scope and Intent/Purpose
- IPC Chapter 2 - Definitions and Symbols
- Plumbing Math
- IPC Chapter 3 - General Regulations
- IPC Chapter 4 - Fixtures, Faucets, and Fixture Fittings
- IPC Chapter 5 - Water Heaters
- IPC Chapter 6 - Water Supply and Distribution
- IPC Chapter 7 - Sanitary Drainage
- IPC Chapter 8 - Indirect and Special Waste
- IPC Chapter 9 - Vents
- IPC Chapter 10 - Traps, Interceptors and Separators
- IPC Chapter 11 - Storm Drainage
- IPC Chapter 13 - Nonpotable Water Systems
- IPC Chapter 14 - Subsurface Landscape Irrigation Systems
- Appendix E
- Private Sewage Systems
- International Fuel Gas Code
- Hands-On Practical Application
- Master Plumber Isometrics
- Practice Tests