HD Video Courses • Mobile Friendly • Available 24/7
Plumber Exam Prep
Iowa Plumber License General FAQ
To work as a plumber in the State of Iowa a plumbing license from the Iowa Plumbing and Mechanical Systems Board is required. Anyone working as a plumber in the state of Iowa is required to be licensed with the Board.
Journeyman & Master
- Submit your examination candidate application and appropriate fees to the Board.
- Once you receive approval from the Board to take your exam(s), you must register for your exam with Kirkwood Community College.
- Call for an appointment with the test center of your choice. Phone: 319-398-7768 or 319-398-5529
- Prepare for your exam - study online!
- Present your required identification at the test center and take the exam.
- Once you pass, you will need to contact the Board office to submit a Post-Examination Licensure application.
- General Regulations
- Plumbing Math
- Fixtures, Faucets, and Fixture Fittings
- Water Heaters
- Water Supply and Distribution
- Sanitary Drainage
- Indirect and Special Waste
- Traps, Interceptors, and Separators
- Storm Drainage
- Hands-On Practical Application
Plumbing and Mechanical Systems Board office
321 E 12th Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0075