HD Video Courses • Mobile Friendly • Available 24/7
New Hampshire Plumber License General FAQ
Individuals must be licensed to perform any type of plumbing work without a licensed supervisor.
- You must be at least 18 years old to get a New Hampshire plumber’s license and you must be at least 16 years old to get an apprentice registration license or trainee registration license.
- To sit for the Journeyman plumbing exam, you must obtain a certificate of completion for an approved apprenticeship program with a valid NH Plumbing Apprentice License OR proof of an out of state license or authorization to practice as a Journeyman Plumber.
- To sit for the Master plumbing exam, you must have a current NH Journeyman Plumbing License that is not less than six (6) months old OR proof of an out of state Master Plumbing License or other authorization to practice as a Master Plumber for not less than six (6) months.
- To sit for the Gasfitting, Equipment Installer Gasfitting or Service Technician Gasfitting exams, you must have a Certificate of Completion for a Gasfitting trainee program.
Part BCR 304 Amendments to the IPC 2009
- Administrative Rules PLU 100-500
International Plumbing Code
- IPC Chapter 1 - Administration, Scope and Intent/Purpose
- IPC Chapter 2 - Definitions and Symbols
- Plumbing Math
- IPC Chapter 3 - General Regulations
- IPC Chapter 4 - Fixtures, Faucets, and Fixture Fittings
- IPC Chapter 5 - Water Heaters
- IPC Chapter 6 - Water Supply and Distribution
- IPC Chapter 7 - Sanitary Drainage
- IPC Chapter 8 - Indirect and Special Waste
- IPC Chapter 9 - Vents
- IPC Chapter 10 - Traps, Interceptors, and Separators
- IPC Chapter 11 - Storm Drainage
- IPC Chapter 13 - Nonpotable Water Systems
- IPC Chapter 14 - Subsurface Landscape Irrigation Systems
- Appendix E
- Private Sewage Systems
- International Fuel Gas Code
- Hands-On Practical Application
- Practice Test
- Master Plumber Isometrics
- Reading and Understanding the Bulletin
- Books That You Should Have During the Exam
- Effective Study Techniques
Bureau of Building Safety & Construction
Gas Fitter & Plumber Licensing
33 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03305