HD Video Courses • Mobile Friendly • Available 24/7
Rhode Island Plumber License General FAQ
- Assembles pipe sections, tubing, and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, and welding equipment.
- Cuts openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Fills pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Hangs steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
- Installs pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
- Apprentice Plumber
- Journeyperson Plumber
- Master Plumber
- Administration, Scope and Intent/Purpose
- Definitions and Symbols
- Plumbing Math
- General Regulations
- Fixtures, Faucets, and Fixture Fittings
- Water Heaters
- Water Supply and Distribution
- Sanitary Drainage
- Indirect and Special Waste
- Traps, Interceptors and Separators
- Storm Drainage
- Nonpotable Water Systems
- Subsurface Landscape Irrigation Systems
- Appendix E
- Private Sewage Systems
- International Fuel Gas Code
- Hands-On Practical Application
- Practice Test
- Master Plumber Isometrics
- Reading and Understanding the Bulletin
- Books That You Should Have During the Exam
- Effective Study Techniques
Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training
Division of Workforce Regulation and Safety Professional Regulation
Unit 1511 Pontiac Avenue,
PO Box 20247
Cranston, RI 02920-0943
Phone (401) 462-8580
Fax (401) 462-8528